Friday, September 23, 2022

World War 1 Monument

Rutherford World War 1 Monument


For my blog post, I visited the World War 1 Monument, located in the center of a busy intersection in Rutherford. This monument was built on Memorial Day 1920, designed by Edgar Williams, the brother of poet William Carlos Williams, to show respect to the 19 local soldiers that fought in WW1. Every night, from the day it was built to now, the lights are always turned on in the memories of the men who died fighting in this war. He explained the meaning behind this monument, provided in this link here. I chose this monument because I have lived in this town my whole life, and I have always passed by this monument, and still pass it every time I walk or drive around. 

Other link: 

https://www.nj.gov/dca/njht/funded/sitedetails/RutherfordWorldWarIMonument.shtml











No comments:

Post a Comment

In my hometown of Secaucus, New Jersey, there is a museum which displays many artifacts of our town’s history. While the building holds the ...