Sunday, September 25, 2022

Ford Mansion in Morristown, NJ

 


Taken by Eric Carneiro 12/14/2021



Last December, after a day of working with my Uncle doing a job in Morristown; driving on the way back home, I told my uncle to stop by the Ford Mansion just out of fascination, since I had already known about the mansion, and it's historical significance, being used as George Washington's headquarters for a period of time during the American Revolutionary War. Though we didn't go inside since it was already later on during the day, and the musuem was closed, just getting to see and getting a picture of a house that was used as the headquarters of our very first president, during the war that granted America it's independnce, definitely makes it a sight worth seeing. Unfortunately, this also is the only picture that I do have, since my uncle was in a rush to beat rush hour traffic. Nontheless, this mansion stands as a crucial part of not just New Jersey's history, but American history altogether. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

In my hometown of Secaucus, New Jersey, there is a museum which displays many artifacts of our town’s history. While the building holds the ...