Thursday, September 29, 2022

World War 1 Memorial; Ridgefield, New Jersey

 


 

    So In the small town of Ridgefield NJ there is this statue standing over 28 feet tall, crafted by bronze built in 1938. It stands tall to commemorate those Ridgefield residents who fought in World War One. The Bronze solider is leaning forward with a rifle in his arm, dressed in gear ready for battle.  
    In my opinion I do like the statue I like where it is, the memorial is by two major roads that run through my town so I can be viewed by many people. If I have one criticism it would be to restore the old bronze color. Obviously after 80 years the metal material would start to rust and show its age, I would like to see the town replenish the bronze, polish it to its original bright and shinny brown texture. I feel it would make the structure look more presentable and entice more people to walk up to it and take a look. 



https://www.worldwar1centennial.org/index.php/component/gmapfp/807:wwi-monument-ridgefield.html?view=gmapfp   




No comments:

Post a Comment

In my hometown of Secaucus, New Jersey, there is a museum which displays many artifacts of our town’s history. While the building holds the ...