Thursday, October 20, 2022

M60a3 Tank in Montville

VFW Post 5481, 132 Changebridge Rd. Montville, NJ


On October 19th, 2022, I revisited the Vietnam Era Tank in my town. I had always seen this tank growing up because it was adjacent to the soccer fields at the community park. As a child, my friends and I would climb the tank after practice and try our hardest to figure out a way inside. We would crawl underneath and jump around it while to comprehend its size and significance. It took two days for the massive 60 ton tank to travel from Fort Dix to Montville with roads and bridges being closed. This Vietnam era army tank alongside the memorial now rests in the Community Park on Changebridge Road.





Database of Armored Fighting Vehicles:

https://www.afvregister.org/Details.aspx?AfvId=2398&Page=0 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In my hometown of Secaucus, New Jersey, there is a museum which displays many artifacts of our town’s history. While the building holds the ...